Upholding ethical principles, complying with the law and regulations and as demanded by our clients, Marfrig Beef strives to implement and maintain procedures to ensure continuous improvement in all animal management phases, seeking, to the best of its ability, to optimize its operations to uphold the five inherent animal freedoms*.
*As defined by the Farm Animal Welfare Council, currently known as the Farm Animal Welfare Committee (FAWC).
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom from discomfort, by providing appropriate facilities
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease
- Freedom to express normal behavior
- Freedom from fear and distress**
** Distress: negative, intense stress that causes suffering and prevents the animal from adapting.
Marfrig Beef Brazil Animal Welfare Program